How many cars can I protect with one 5 STAR
SHINE kit? One 5 Star Shine kit will protect one full
sized car, truck or even the largest SUV. Each kit covers 250 square
feet. 5 STAR SHINE is not applied in heavy coats like waxes - only
a thin coating is required to protect the surface.
What's the difference between the 5 STAR SHINE
Basic Kit and the 5 STAR SHINE Deluxe Kit? The 5 Star Shine Basic Kit is ideal for newer
vehicles in which the finish is in relatively good condition and has
very few, if any, imperfections. It includes Steps 1 & 2 and an
applicator for applying 5 Star Shine. The 5 STAR SHINE Deluxe Kit
includes everything you need to prep your finish prior to applying
5 STAR SHINE as well as maintaining your finish once 5 STAR SHINE
is applied. It includes our Paint
Cleaner which cleans imperfections caused from bird droppings,
tree sap and any other substance which has etched itself into the
paint. The Deluxe Kit also includes our Neutral
pH Car Wash Soap which is highly recommended for washing your
vehicle once you have applied the 5 STAR SHINE System.
Will 5 STAR SHINE remove oxidation? 5 Star Shine removes minor scratches and
swirls but will not remove oxidation (dull paint). It preserves paint
in the condition it is currently in. If your paint is already oxidized
or has some scratches, you should use our Buffing
Compounds that you can find by clicking on the Exterior Category
of our Catalog page.
I just had my vehicle painted. Can I use 5 STAR SHINE on it?
We recommend waiting at least 30 days for the new paint to cure on your vehicle's surface before applying 5 STAR SHINE.
Does 5 STAR SHINE work on glass, chrome,
plastic, clear coat, fiberglass, gel coat, vinyl or rubber surfaces? It is safe to use 5 STAR SHINE on all glass,
chrome and painted plastic parts. 5 Star Shine protects all types
of clear coats, fiberglass and gel coat surfaces as well. We DO
NOT recommend you use it on rubber, vinyl, or unpainted plastic
body parts or trim as it's not designed to protect these porous
How long will 5 STAR SHINE last? If you wash your vehicle regularly using a pH balanced car wash soap, 5 STAR SHINE will last up to 5 years on a new vehicle and up to 3 years on a used vehicle with good paint. Results will however vary based on your environmental conditions.
Do I have to remove the wax I have on my
car before I apply 5 STAR SHINE? No, our Step #1 one prepares the paint
by removing any residual waxes that still exist on your paint.
How is 5 STAR SHINE different from the
paint protection systems new car dealers try and sell you for $499
to as much as $1500? The main difference is that we guarantee
5 year protection with one application. At the time of closing,
car dealers will try to sell you a "premium" paint sealant
that makes the car look really great for about a month. But then
the waxes begin to wash off and the paint starts oxidizing. Most
of the dealers guarantee their sealants for 3 to 5 years but they
have to be reapplied about 4 to 6 times per year or you void the
warranty! The dealer knows that few people will actually do this,
so they make a tremendous profit on these "premium" paint
How many kits will it take to do my boat? One kit is more than enough to protect
a boat under 17'. Here is a general guideline: less than 17' = 1
kit; 17-23' = 2-3 kits; 24-35' = 3-4 kits. Estimate the surface
area you need to cover for a more exact estimate. Remember, each
kit covers 250 square feet so you can always calculate the surface
area to be covered for an exact figure.
How many kits will it take to do my aircraft? The following shows how many kits you'll
need for most common types of aircraft: Single Engine = 2 kits;
Cabin Class Twin = 4 kits; King Air 90 = 5 kits; King Air 200 =
6 kits; Citation 500 = 7 kits; Lear 25 = 7 kits; Citation III =
10 kits; Gulfstream = 20 kits. Remember, each kit covers 250 square
feet so you can always calculate the surface area to be covered
for an exact figure.
What is the shelf life of 5 Star Shine? The shelf life of the 5 Star Shine is one
year, unopened. Once opened, it decreases to 6-9 months. Once expired,
the Step 2 Polish will separate and take on a "cottage cheese"
If you have a kit that has expired, do
not use it on the surface, as it will not give you desired results.
There is nothing you can do to extend the life of the polish after
it has expired. Store the 5 Star Shine at room temperature for best
I noticed a bunch of testimonials on your home page. Did you pay these customers to write them? No. We have NEVER asked or paid a customer for a testimonial. We get testimonials because our product produces amaxing results and truly WORKS like no other.
Applying 5 Star Shine is very easy. The entire process only takes about an hour.
1. Wash your vehicle thoroughly with a car wash soap (DO NOT use dishwashing detergent) to remove all dirt. If you purchased the 5 Star Shine Deluxe kit, use the pH Balanced Car Wash Soap included in your kit. Note:pH Balanced Car Wash Soap is included in the 5 Star Shine Deluxe Kit.
2. Before applying Step #1, inspect your vehicle carefully for any hard-to-remove tree sap, road tar, insects, or any other contaminants on your paint, It is recommended to remove these contaminants prior to applying 5 Star Shine. We recommend using a paint cleaner to remove these blemishes prior to sealing the finish. Be sure to rewash those areas again prior to moving on to Step #1. Note:Paint Cleaning Kit is included in the 5 Star Shine Deluxe Kit.
3. Remove stopper of Step 1 polarizing wash solution and pour entire contents into 1 gallon of hot or warm water, then mix.
4. Wash entire vehicle again with a sponge or towel using the polarizing wash solution that you mixed in Step #3.
5. Leave the polarizing wash solution on vehicle until it dries (about 10-15 minutes).
6. Rinse off polarizing wash solution completely and dry vehicle thoroughly
with soft towel or chamois cloth.
7. Park your vehicle in a shaded area so that the paint is not hot to the touch.
8. Unscrew cap on Step #2 bottle and remove foil seal before replacing cap. Apply 3-4 dime sized dabs of the paint protection coating (Step #2) to one side of the foam applicator pad and apply to a 2 x 2 square foot section in a circular motion. Repeat this process until one entire area of the vehicle (for example an entire door) is covered with a thin coating. For best results and maximum coverage only apply a thin coating of Step #2 to paint.
9. Once one section of vehicle (for example an entire door) has been covered completely with Step #2, buff off that section with a clean terry cloth towel. If you purchased the Deluxe Kit, a terry cloth towel was included in your kit. You may also buff it off using an orbital polisher.
10. Repeat Step #9 until entire vehicle has been completed. You're done! Note: The shine will continue to deepen over the next 48 hours
How Do I Care For My Vehicle After
Applying 5 Star Shine?
As long as you do not use any products
that will remove the 5 Star Shine protection, it will remain intact.
We recommend avoiding any products that contain waxes or oils. This
includes car wash soaps containing detergents, detailing
sprays, and any harsh cleaning products. These types of products
can compromise the protection or leave a film on the surface that
will attract dirt.
Rinsing should be all you have to do to
the vehicle after the 5 Star Shine has been applied. If you wish
to hand dry, use a soft cloth such as a terry cloth or microfiber
towel. If you do use soap, use a neutral pH balanced formula. We
recommend using our Neutral pH
Car Wash Soap or an additive free formula. Avoid automated car
wash systems as their soaps are harsher than those on the market
and can compromise the protection or leave a film that will attract
We recommend using our PPS
Cleaner at least once per year to help re-energize your 5 Star
Shine finish. It will remove residue and road film build up, without
harming your finish. It can be used as often as you'd like since
it will not compromise the protection.
Note: PPS Cleaner is not included
in the 5 Star Shine Deluxe Kit.